Sunday, June 1, 2008

Uzbek plov

Last night we were invited to my friend L and her husband. L is from Russia but her grandparents grew up in Uzbekistan. It is nine years ago since I visited Uzbekistan but I still remember the wonderful food. Plov, shashlik, lagman...manti....hm...indeed delicious! So my friend L promised me to cook this national dish plov. And it was just as delicious as I remembered it! With some red wine and vodka of course, we enjoyed a wonderful meal in their apartment on the 35th floor, with Singapore beneath our feet! Afterwards, we took a taxi to Clarke Quay for more drinks. They went home around eleven and I called it a night half hour later. Husband came home around four this morning! He had been bar hopping with a friend of ours and today we are exhausted. No more party in a month, please! My body and mind need rest!
On Tuesday, I and friend G and 18 other girls are off to see Sex and the City, the movie. I cant wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment