I have been challenged by Susanne with the wonderful blog snusilusosannibus. Name six things that make you happy at the moment. Here we go...!
1. That we are moving to Dubai in only a few weeks time
2. Enjoying a warm cup of tea when the rain is pouring down outside (I still have these ambivalent feelings about the autumn though..)
3. To watch my kids playing with each other, although, sometimes it also drives me crazy...
4. All my wonderful flee market bargains, ready to be shipped off to Dubai. Husband doesn not share my thrill though...
5. Excitement about our new life in the Middle East. I have had this dream about living in the Middle East since I studied Arabic at Uppsala university in 1993....
6. To be near my parents, for once. I cherish every moment, especially since we have been so far away from them the past two and half years.
I am sending this challenge further to:
and to all my other readers, of course!
The past three days have been miserable weather wise. I will never ever complain about too hot weather again, I swear, I promise. If I do, hit me in the head and remind me about this cold and rainy September. Where are the golden, sunny days with long walks and a clear blue sky? So far, tons of water are falling down on me, on us. On my mood.
Yesterday, we went to the small village of Horred, also known for their wonderful decorative towels from the company Ekelund. I love those towels and blankets and will probably buy a few to bring with me to Dubai.
Desperation has reached new levels, tomorrow I am taking the kids to the local church playgroup where they organize coffee mornings for adults and kids. They sing songs, tell stories and talk about the Bible. I am not a religious person, I am more in touch with my East Asian heritage in that department actually, but activate the kids and give them some sort of stimulation and play mates, I shall, with an open mind, bring them there tomorrow. And try to keep my opinions to myself. I should give it a chance at least.