Tuesday, October 7, 2008

First week after school holiday

Ramadan is over and so is Eid Mubarak. Life is back to normal, people are back at work. I and husband got the great idea of driving down to his headquarters this Sunday, the first working day for over a week. It took us one hour only to get out of the neighbourhood, traffic was crazy, cars everywhere. My poor son has to get up at six every morning and the bus is picking him up at 6.50, very early but he seems to cope, he is very excited every morning before the bus arrives, taking this whole bus-thing very seriously. My brave boy!
Last Wednesday, I, husband and a few of his course mates went to the Barasti Beach Bar at Le Meridien, near Dubai Marina. It was great to sip on a glass of white wine while overlooking the sea or the fantastic pool area at Le Meridien. The following day, we spent the day at Ibn Battuta Shopping Mall and I found a pair of fantastic gladiator heels! On Friday night, I went out with some friends to Madinat Jumeirah. Madinat is a gigantic hotel area with shops and canals and you can take a small gondol between the three different hotels within the area. The owner of Madinat is also the owner of the fabulous and luxurious Burj al Arab... Inside the Madinat, there are plenty of restaurants, bars and clubs and also little shops, all built like an old souk, it is so beautiful and outside you can sip on a drink or coffee while overlooking the canals!
I apologize for not showing you any pictures, but even if I am bringing my camera everywhere, I hardly take any pictures. It is like the whole driving thing takes too much of my attention...
Yesterday, I and friend A went on a coffee morning at Madinat with other Swedish ladies, it was very nice and after that, we drove all the way down to Uptown Mirdif for a nice lunch! In the evening, I helped my son with his Arabic homework!
Today, we are visiting friends we got to know in Singapore! I wish all of you a very good day!

2 comments:

  1. Hej!

    Oj det låter som om ni är riktigt busy! Mmm bullar är jättegott!! Synd att det strulade så mycket på jobbet. Vad roligt att sonen lär sig arabiska! Spännnade! Låter som om ni har det härligt!

    Kram o ha en fin vecka!

    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo baby! Kul att ni håller er upptagna och trivs! Och HURRA för slutet av Ramadan! Frossa i kaffe och vin och bullar, gumman! :)

    Tänkte du skulle gilla den här bloggen, jag frossar i de bilder på hem och rum som hon lägger upp på sin blogg. http://theinspiredroom.net/
    Ciao cara!

    ReplyDelete