Saturday, March 13, 2010

A very busy month

This month has been very busy so far. If everything goes well, I will be on my way to Nairobi, Kenya and then Juba, South Sudan by next weekend. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to that trip! It is business related, so even more interesting!
The month of March started of in a very pleasant and social way! I had the opportunity to meet Lisa who visited Dubai for a few days and together with Catrine, another Swedish girl who lives here in Dubai, we had a great dinner at Trader Vic's in Madinat Jumeirah! The blog network is fantastic, you meet all these incredibly nice people with various backgrounds and nationalities and when you finally meet up, it's like you have known them forever (which you have, sort of..). Well, it was the first but I certainly hope not the last time I meet with my blogfriends IRL!
Husband and son took of for Sweden a few days ago and they are spending quality time up in the north, skiing, snow mobiling, fishing and I am making plans for the upcoming birthday of my lovely girl (March 17, St. Patrick's Day).
I have also started a new life! Last week I signed up for a private trainer, ten sessions, at the Polo Club. That will give me a good start and one week later, I am more motivated than ever! However, my poor body is in a state of shock I believe. My left ankle is swollen and and I can't really put any weight on it, let alone do some running. That didn't stop my unlimited motivation the other day, something I paid dearly for the following day when I could barely walk... so now I am resting the ankle for a few days. One does learn, eventually.

1 comment:

  1. Ja jisses, du har verkligen haft mycket för dig! Vilka resor du har framför dig! Härligt!

    PT vore bara för bra, jag håller precis på med att leta efter min inspiration till att träna. Jag skulle behöva någon som sporrade och utmanade mig...

    Ha det bra

    Kram
    Ika

    ReplyDelete