Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Metro, nibbles and Skyfall

Yesterday, me and friend A went to the movies to see the latest Bond-movie "Skyfall". The movie was excellent. I am a huge fan of Daniel Craig and I think he is the best Bond after Sean Connery (nobody can compete with good old Sean)!

Drinks and nibbles at Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel
 
Since Oasis centre gets a bit crowded around 5 pm and it is very hard to get a taxi as everyone leaves work I decided to use the metro for the first time in my life! Since we live far out in the desert, (I am not joking) the metro is never an option and especially if you have a car, why bother. However, my first metro experience was a very pleasant one. Very clean, smooth, hassle free and I was surprised to see how packed it was! I thought the metro was running half empty all days but I guess a lot has happened since they first opened it up and with more and more stations opening, more people are actually using it. It took me about 20 min to get from Noor Islamic bank station to Ibn Battuta, not too bad. And then I took a quick walk from the metro to Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel where I was meeting up with A. The hotel is quite new and I love the Arabic inspired interior. We enjoyed white wine with nibbles; hummus, cheese samosas, fried calamari, moutabbal and Arabic bread. After that, we tried to get a taxi from the hotel to the other end of Ibn Battuta Mall (which is across the street but since it is quite long, it takes a while to walk from one end to the other). The taxi driver didn't not understand why we needed a taxi so we gave up trying to convince him that since we were a bit late, a taxi drive would be much more convenient. So we walked through the mall, to the very end (The Chinese Pavillion) where the movie theatre is. And we just made it in time!
I definitely recommend Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel! The environment is gorgeous and the nibbles excellent! The service was a bit slow, especially since there were not many people but the all in all impression was very good!

4 comments:

  1. Woah! I'm really loving the template/theme of this site. It's
    simple, yet еffective. А lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and visual appeal. I must say you've ԁone a awesome
    job with this. Also, thе blog lоads veгy fast for me οn
    Safarі. Εхcellent Blog!

    my ωeb blοg ... Club Accommodations The Principle To Get Noticable A Fantastic Relaxation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very gгеat post. I juѕt ѕtumbled upon your wеblog
    anԁ ωished to ѕаy that Ι've truly loved browsing your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I am hoping you write once more very soon!

    My web blog; Discounted Lodging A few Straightforward Tips about Getting The Best Resort Discounts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that wаs strange. I just ωrοte an very long
    comment but aftеr I cliсκed ѕubmit mу comment ԁidn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that oveг again.

    Anywayѕ, ϳust wantеd to say great blog!


    Also vіsit my webpаge ... rome might be a good spot to go to. Ancient rome motels

    ReplyDelete
  4. i impressed by your article ,you are doing a very nice job. I really appreciate your work.
    Arun Panchariya

    ReplyDelete