Sunday, December 23, 2012

Trader Vics (again)

Trader Vics at Madinat Jumeirah has become one of my favourite places lately. The food is excellent and I love the mixed crowd of people. On Friday, I met up with a new friend. Our friendship started on Facebook when I added her as a friend, thinking she was my old colleague from Sweden. After a while, when I actually started to look at her profile picture, I quickly realized that either had she gone through a complete make over, or I had actually added a complete stranger to my friends' list. We started chatting and she turned out to be the sweetest girl and we also discovered that our business fields and academic background were quite similar. So we kept in touch and the other day, she passed through Dubai on her way from Shanghai to Copenhagen and we met up for a lovely dinner at Traders. The food was excellent, we shared some nibbles, jalapeno cheese balls, Vietnamese springrolls, chicken wings and calamares. When the food was finished, we moved to the bar and listened to the Cuban band playing. All in all it was a great evening and we had lots of fun.
Jalapeno cheese balls

Vietnamese springrolls

Bubbly with A
 
On Wednesday evening, I and friend A met up for some bubbly. Visiting A is always a treat. Her entire house is a wonderful mix of Scandinavian design with a touch of the Middle East. We talked (and drank) for hours, a much needed therapy session in the middle of all the Christmas craziness!

3 comments:

  1. Haha vad roligt att du fick en ny kompis på grund av ett "misstag"!!! :-)
    Det ser otroligt gott ut också.
    Kram och hoppas du och familjen får en riktigt fin jul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vilket roligt sätt att få en ny kompis! Kanske ska testa : D

    GOD JUL!
    Kramar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så otroligt gott det ser ut! Önskar er en riktigt GOD JUL!

    ReplyDelete