Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easy fish dish

I love fish and we try to have it at least once a week. Especially after the holidays and all "heavy" food, it felt nice with something lighter, such as fish. This recipe is simple to make:

Fish with dill and leek

500 g fish fillet (frozen or fresh), cut in cubes
dill
1 leek, finely chopped
water
butter

Fill a saucepan with half water and half butter. Bring to boil and add the fish and the herbs, salt and pepper. Boil the fish for 10 min or until the fish meat is white. Serve with boiled potatoes and/or a salad.


Husbands home grown corn

Yummy fish and so easy to prepare!

Husbands garden project is starting to pay off so we enjoyed a lovely salad with home grown capsicum, corn and dill! Isn't that just amazing, to step out in your garden and just pick whatever you like for your dinner. And it does taste so much more than the sad examples you will find in the shop. The capsicum was all sweet and so was the corn.
I am still excited about my new recipe project and I am not frenetically searching for "The Ultimate Best New Recipe" for Friday. I am thinking fish, chicken, meat, starter.... I have searched all my recipe books but nothing seems worthy enough to kick off this great project. I will keep you all posted!

1 comment: