Friday, January 4, 2013

Fried salmon with beurre blanc sauce

The recipe project started officially today. Since I was out with the girls last night, the inspiration for cooking was not at its best this morning. I decided to fry salmon fillet (which is nothing new really) and serve it with Beurre Blanc. I have never made Beurre Blanc before so that would be this week's challenge. I found the recipe in my Swedish gourmet recipe book from "Allt om mat" ("All about food", a food and wine magazine). I love that book but I have never actually made anything from it, until today.

Fried salmon with beurre blanc
4 pieces of salmon fillet

Beurre Blanc
1 shallot (I used yellow onion as I forgot to buy shallots and it seemed to work fine)
1 tbsp butter for frying
3 dl white wine
2 dl water
1 chicken broth cube
100 g butter
1/2 dl finely chopped dill

Chop the shallots and fry in butter in a saucepan. Add wine, water and the chicken broth. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until some of the liquid has evaporated, leaving about 3-4 dl. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk two pieces of butter into the reduction. Set the pan over low heat and continue whisking butter into the sauce, one chunk at a time, allowing each piece to melt into the sauce before adding more. Remove it from the heat and add the chopped dill. Taste and add some more salt or whitepepper if necessary.
Fry the salmon fillets in butter in a pan, serve with boiled potatoes and a fresh salad.


Voila! Bon Appetit!
Beurre Blanc in progress

The sauce tasted really good, rich and buttery and with a touch of the fresh dill (straight from Hubbys garden). I know there are many different ways to make Beurre Blanc but this worked fine for me and it was easy enough for an impatient soul like myself. I promise you that next week's recipe will be a bit more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. We had a great night out, -the girls really had fun at Long's Bar! I love Beurre Blanc so much I could drink it from a cup:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det är ju sååå gott med lax och på din bild ser det ut som du har färskpotatis också! Mums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ser helt underbart ut:) tack för fina ord på min blogg.

    Om du vill veta vad som är hett inom inredning 2013 kan du kolla in min nya post:)

    Ha en kanonvecka

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete