Sunday, January 6, 2013

Georgia on my mind

A dream is coming true! My dear friend C is renting a small flat in Georgia's capital Tbilisi from mid January to beginning of February and asked if I liked to visit her. Of course, without a doubt! Fortunately FlyDubai flies straight to Tbilisi and also to neighbouring countries Azerbajdzjan and Armenia (next on my travel to-do list). My leave has been accepted by The Boss and I will be away for five days. I realize it is in the middle of the winter but I hope for gorgeous days, shopping, sightseeing in one of the most fascinating countries! And I would love to come back in the summer, to explore the mountains, the Black Sea coast and the countrysides. No visa restrictions for EU-members, which makes it even easier to travel.
My friend C has been working for many years in the South Sudanese capital of Juba and is now transferring to Jerusalem, another interesting place I would not mind visiting. I just have to figure out how I can avoid getting my passport stamped as they don't allow you back in the UAE if you have a stamp from Israel. However, I know that many people in the region are still travelling to Israel, either by obtaining a second passport or avoiding the stamp somehow.
My beurre blanc project has taken a new turn. I have been googling and found a few other recipes of beurre blanc, all with different ingredients. I will therefore have to devote an entire cooking day to find the best version of Beurre Blanc. And preferably not the day after a Girls night out when all you want you can think of is pizza take away.
Beautiful Georgia (photo from Wikipeda)

7 comments:

  1. Spännande det där med pass och stämplar, det gäller verkligen att ha koll på vilka länder man kan besöka utan att det får efterräkningar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, de ar ganska lojliga har i UAE med Israel och israeliska produkter men Marks & spencer finns anda lite overallt!!!

      Delete
  2. Åh, det är dags för Georgien! Ta många foton och lägg upp på bloggen vetja!

    Det där med passen och stämplarna är lite knixigt. Jag har två pass, men det har jag för mig vi diskuterade en annan gång.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Japp, Nikonkameran foljer givetvis med! Ar mycket uppspelt infor denna resa!! Tva pass ar ju smidigt och funderar pa att skaffa det ocksa!!!

      Delete
  3. AWWW thank you so much for sweet words on my blog:)

    If you want some cute table setting inspiration..check out my new post:)

    Have a great day week dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing images! so postcard-like! Thank you so much for your recent comment on my blog~~ i'm so sorry that I haven't been able to check yours out or respond to your lovely comment until now. This won't be my last time here, NOW following ;) xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete