Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cinderella and Brazilian fish soup

Yesterday I took Joli to the ballet "Cinderella" and we were both swept away by the beauty and talent all the performers showed! It was the dancing school Turning Pointe performing at the DUCTAC Theathre at Mall of the Emirats. Last year I brought Joli to see "Peter Pan", by the same Ballet and Dancing school and we both loved it ! Last years production was perhaps more mystical and dramatic at times, this years production was more comical, especially when the evil step sisters were seeking the attention of Prince Charming and also very beautiful and romantic when Prince Charming came to search for Cinderella. I recognized half of the cast from last year and all the dancers are amazing, the youngest ones cannot be more than seven years of age and still performing with confidence and grace on a big stage! As we left the theatre, Joli was already asking when we will go next time!

All dressed up in the pretty dress, hair band and a small purse
My recipe project has been sort of "on and off" (more "off" I would say) so yesterday before leaving for the ballet, I was searching around for a nice fish soup recipe. I love fish soup but realized that I don't really have any good recipes. A few clicks later, I found this:

Brazilian fish soup

800 g of white fish
2 yellow onions
2 garlic cloves
oil
1 can of canned tomatoes
1/2 dl of lime juice
3 dl water
1 fish broth cube
4 fresh tomatoes
sambal oelek
1 small chili fruit
4 dl coconut milk
salt, pepper
Spring onion, finely chopped
coriander

Slice the onion and garlic, chop the chili fruit and fry it all in oil. Add canned tomatoes, lime juice, water and fish broth. Let it all simmer for about 10 minutes. Slice tomatoes and add together with the coconut milk and sambal oelek. Bring to boil. Cut the fish in small cubes and add to the soup, let it all simmer for 7-10 min or when the fish is ready. Sprinkle some coriander and salad onion before serving!

Voila! Fish soup!

Any reason to make it more festive!

Garlic bread, a must with soup!
Have a great week!!

6 comments:

  1. I love fish soup, -especially the more spicy ones. I've never had one from Brazil though...looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very good, especially after hubby added some of his home grown chile fruits and a few more spoons of sambal oelek. Next time I may add some cray fish too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Tack! Ska nu kika in hos din blogg!! Tack for titten!

      Delete
  3. Oh, this one sounds divine! I am familiar with Italian fish soup/stew (cioppino) but this one has coconut milk in which I can imagine would taste creamier and richer! Definitely trying!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coconut milk definitely makes it richer and tastier, kind of reminded me a bit of the laksa I used to have in Singapore! (good memories!)

      Delete