Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Falukorv (falu sausage)

Our friend A, who visited us over the weekend, brought some really yummy treats from Sweden! The beloved falu sausage that I love, Vasterbotten cheese, Swedish crisps, dry yeast and dip sauce! All those things I miss most! Tomorrow is therefore a very special day, the day when the falu sausage is going to be eaten. I have yet not decided whether to grill it in the oven with cheese and tomato/chili sauce or just fry it in a pan and serve with pasta. Either way, it is so delicious. Or just eating it as it is, cold! For those who wish to read more about this sausage, please click here.

We opted for fried falukorv
Husbands home grown pak choi with chili and garlic

Mashed potatoes with homegrown dill
This week has started off in a slow tempo. My enthusiasm of last week seem to have vanished and I just can't seem to get my act together. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. Sundays (Mondays for all of you in the "normal" world) are always slow.
The kids birthdays are coming up in March, convenient on one hand but stressful on the other. Elias doesnt have a clue of what he wants for his birthday, the only thing on the list at the moment is a football goal and a football. Joli wants some fancy jewellery. I was looking for somekind of nice event we could attend in Sweden during Easter as a form of birthday gift for both of them but haven't found anything yet. I will keep on looking!
Joli attended a birthday party yesterday, it was in one of those many malls and many play areas. Apparently they started off with a make over session involving make up and fixing their hair. My Joli was not too thrilled about this and told them that she doesn't really like make up, she'd rather go into the climbing area!! After the make up session (I think she actually had to stay there) they went into a separate room for some dance lessons (soooo cute!!!) and after that, nuggets and fries and a beautiful cake! Joli was over the moon and she was almost thinking of changing her birthday venue from Chucky Cheese (she has wanted this for months) to Cheeky Monkeys but then she said that she rather prefer Chucky Cheese cause she doesnt like make up...!
I am opting for a home party with a huge bouncy castle, some face painters, pop corn machine and burgers. Let's see...

8 comments:

  1. Hi, there! It is always a pleasure to meet /bump into another expat blogger in Dubai! I was browsing your blog just now and think I found some recipes to try, well I am not a cooking expert but I love to try and semi destroy the food LOL! Thanks for dropping by my blog which later led me to yours, keep in touch!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm always excited when I realize some of my blog friends are actually here in Dubai! I hope you enjoy the recipes! I think our hubbys are working for the same company too!!

      Delete
  2. "Falu saugage stroganoff" maybe...sådär lagom internationellt namn på en maträtt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valdigt bra tips!! Och jag alskar korv stroganoff!

      Delete
  3. Du just falukorv kan jag sakna mycket här. För den är så god och man kan variera rätterna så bra med den. OCH det är perfekt "barnmat". :-) Brukar alltid vilja ha falukorv och blodpudding (inte tillsammans...) när jag kommer till Sverige för jag saknar båda de rätterna mycket. Västerbotten kan vi ju faktiskt köpa här. Och sill.
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja falukorv ar en hojdare! Ungarna alskar det lika mycket som jag! Falukorv star ocksa hogt pa matonskelistan nar vi ar hemma, da ater vi nastan bara korv!!!
      Kram!

      Delete
  4. Låter som ett väldigt kul homeparty! Kram Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joli is such a cool kid! Thumbs up for choosing the climbing area over make-up sessions!

    ReplyDelete