Sunday, February 3, 2013

"Hug a Korean Day"

On February 1st, it was "Hug a Korean Day". I have no idea who started this idea but I found it quite funny and it made me start thinking whether I should give my kids a "half" hug since they are half Korean, or if I could perhaps hug myself as none of my Korean friends where in hugging distance (although I sent some virtual hugs through FB). Hubby happily participated and gave me a hug. Does anyone know where this actually started?
Speaking of Korean, I have been contemplating whether I should join the IKAA (International Korean Adoptee Associations) gathering in Seoul this summer. I would love to bring the kids there but the event lasts for one week and I am not sure if I can take that much leave from work (as we have other vacation plans as well). So now I am thinking that maybe I'll go for just a few days, without joining the gathering itself but at least to visit some friends and to have a look at the country (it's been 21 years since I was there last time) and perhaps join some form of IKAA gathering next time, when the kids are a bit bigger. Hmm...still thinking about it!!

Princess Joli (photo taken during our dhow dinner cruise with my Mum)
 

8 comments:

  1. Spännande! Eftersom dina kommentarer hos mig har en viss förmåga att med jämna mellanrum hamna i skräpposten(Jag har ingen aning om varför), så kan jag hälsa att det är ingen större skada skedd om du inte smakar abalone heller, det finns det som är betydligt godare - och billigare!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jag har noterat att de ibland forsvinner! :) Jag litar pa ditt ord och gor en mental notering om att inte behova smaka pa abalone!!

      Delete
  2. that means u have to give me a hug cuz im korean lol! didn't know u were a mommy! we have a lot in common! ;) xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you a virtual hug from Dubai! Yes, I'm a Mum to two kids! My son will be 10 and daughter will be 6! xxx

      Delete
  3. Det var något jag aldrig hört talas om, men det låter väldigt bra:)
    Kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, det var forsta gangen jag horde talas om det men om man kan snika till sig nagra kramar extra sa varfor inte? :)Kram!

      Delete
  4. Vilken söt liten tjej du/ni har!

    ReplyDelete