Monday, February 25, 2013

I have nothing to wear

Some people are born with this gift of always knowing what's right. Regardless if it's buying a wedding gift or just sending a small thank you card, they have this sense of what is just perfect for the occasion. I must have ended up at the very end of that line when this particular talent was handed out. I have no clue what to bring to dinner parties, I just can't "wrap up" little gifts or write something funny or witty on birthday cards. I'm lucky I can actually spell the word "happy birthday" without messing it up.
This particular "sense" seems not only be limited to gifts or cards but also stretches over to interior design, sense of colour and fasion. Areas where I am also very limited. In a few days time, I have an important meeting and I am already dreading what to wear. It should be simple, black trousers, a nice blouse but then, knowing myself, my mind will play up and I will probably end up in my old jeans, leather boots and a tank top. Shall I wear lots of jewellery, or shall I be modest? Shall I let my hair down or up? Sometimes I wish there were manuals for this, it would have saved me a lot of time.
So I am still debating with myself and will probably do so until five minutes before I have to leave and will put on something really stupid, or with some stains on it.
This afternoon, friend T and I are meeting up at Dubai Festival City, taking the boys to see a movie and after we are hoping to find a nice place to have dinner. Husband left for Mauritius this morning, lucky him. Lots of things going on in my mind at the moment, so I'll make this short for now.
BTW, last night, Teresa made pita chips in the oven, sprinkled with chili and garlic spices. It was amazing! Better than crisps, hopefully healthier too but at least it is home made! And perfect when your pita bread is getting a bit old and you don't really want to throw it away.

5 comments:

  1. Här var det något som kändes väldigt bekant på något vis...men jeans är bra - och ett underskattat plagg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so with you girl!!! Tycker ocksa att det är jätte svart att hitta rätt kläder. What's the occasion? Is it a formal meeting? I probably wouldn't wear jeans to a formal meeting unless they are designer brand. Black pants are always a good choice and a nice top. How do you usually wear your hair?
    Those pita chips sound delicious!
    Kram, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    After visiting your blog, I invite you to join us in the "International Directory Blogspot".
    "International Directory Blogspot" It's 165 Countries and 8790 Websites !
    Missing yours join us
    If you join us and follow our blog, you will have many more visitors.
    It's very simple, you just have to follow our blog, enter your Country and your blog url in a comment, and you will be automatically integrate into the Country list.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world and to share different passions, fashion, paintings, art works, photos, poems.
    So you will be able to find in different countries other people with passions similar to your ones.
    I think this community could also interest you.
    We ask you to follow the blog "Directory" because it will give you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog!
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Please follow our blog, it will be very appreciate.
    I wish you a great day, with the hope that you will follow our blog "Directory".
    After your approval to join us, you will receive your badge
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice on your blog, in order to introduce the "directory" to your friends.
    Regards
    Chris
    I follow your blog, I hope it will please you
    To find out more about us, click on the link below:
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/

    *************************************************

    ReplyDelete
  4. Birthdays! Such a terrible invention:)

    ReplyDelete