Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A new chapter

These past weeks have been busy, mildly speaking. About a month ago, I was contacted by a recruitment agency, asking if I was interested in a position with a new company. As she explained the role and the company more in detail, I realized that this is really what I want. After months of trying to find the inspiration and motivation to go to work, despite interesting trips and other new projects, I felt that I actually need some form of change. An interview with said company was scheduled a week later which cause minor "what shall I wear" chaos. I haven't been to an interview for ages, and had to Google things like "what to wear" (bought myself a nice suit, shirt and a pair of black pumps) According to the website I was consulting, closed toe pumps is the appropriate shoe for an interview... I also had to Google "intelligent things to ask"  as I could just picture myself sitting there like a gold fish with my mouth open. I did a proper research of the company as well, studying its company structure and past service performance like I was preparing for an exam.
So the interview day came up and I arrived on time (despite a small detour around the block as I missed my exit) and it went well. A few hours later, the agent called back to deliver the great news that they were ready to offer me the job. I was over the moon, not quite sure if she was actually joking with me. The following day, I handed in my resignation, something that I had been dreading the most as my Boss doesn't deal with these sort of things in the best of ways...
This is my last week and I do feel sad to leave some of my truly amazing colleagues but also excited about this new opportunity, a bit nervous (what if all goes pear shaped???) and quite anxious to get started. I have prepared all my handover documents and made sure everything is updated and easily accessible. Today I and another colleague who is also leaving, treated the office to lunch.

This morning, I along with a whole bunch of other parents, attended the Grade 4 "Live museum" event. Each child had to dress up as a character from an ancient civilization. Elias chose to portrait Julius Caesar. Hubby and son made the costume together, the only thing we bought was the centurion helmet. The kids then had to make a short speech about their character, what their daily life was like, and what legacy they left behind. The kids were outstanding, without any hesitation, they confidently walked up and presented their characters in front of the whole class and all the parents. And there were some pretty amazing costumes as well!!

Julius Caesar!
 

24 comments:

  1. Lycka till med det nya jobbet - jättespännande!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, jag ser verkligen fram emot det, kanns som det behovs lite nytt!

      Delete
  2. Först mycket ledsen över att du förlorat din far. Du finns i våra tankar. Och grattis till ett nytt arbete...din energi i texterna känns ända hit. :) Tack för en fin blogg...hinner nästan aldrig kommentera, men det är ett rent nöje att kika in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grattis och lycka till med det nya arbetet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Christian!!! Det ska bli valdigt spannande!

      Delete
  4. Massor med lycka till med nya tjänsten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! That's wonderful news. Good luck and I hope you are well!
    Kramar, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! We are doing fine, off tomorrow for the funeral but all in all we are ok!
      Kram!

      Delete
  6. Så underbart Pia!! Att få ett sådant erbjudande och sedan Earn It! Jag lovar att du var super på intervjun. Så glad för din skull!!!!! Klart du är lit spänd och nervös men om jobbet kändes så bra som du tyckte då du pratat med nya arbetsgivaren tror jag det finns stora möjligheter för dig att utvecklas mer där och verkligen komma att trivas. Jag tror det är viktigt att byta ibland. Få nya utmaningar och känna att man får växa. Att det kommer nu i en väldigt omtumlande period efter din pappas död kan säkert vara positivt på många vis också. Att känna att man trots sorg och saknad får en nystart.
    Lycka till och GRATTIS1
    KRAM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack for dina fina ord Saltis!! Ja, jag har kant ett tag att jag liksom trampar i samma spar, en forandring av nagot slag har behovts for att uppratthalla motivationen. Det verkar vara ett valdigt bra foretag med helt annan foretagskultur an vad mitt nuvarande foretag har. Jag tror ocksa att det kan kanns bra att starta pa nytt, nagot positivt att fokusera pa och jag diskuterade det med pappa innan han gick bort och han var ocksa valdigt glad.
      Kram!!!!!

      Delete
  7. Lycka till med ny jobbet och som du skriver ett nytt kapitel tar sin början.
    Kram på dig!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Annelie!!! Det ska verkligen bli spannande!!
      Kram!!!!

      Delete
  8. Grattis!! Man behöver förändringar ibland :) Lycka till! Kram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja det ska bli valdigt spannande!! Kram!

      Delete
  9. Oj vad spännande! Och grattis! Det är du värd. Kram

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very happy to hear that you are going to start work again.. I too sometimes miss my working days but I treasure my time with the family too much to cave in a.k.a getting a bit lazy to join in the rush hour *blush* I wish you all the best and congrats for this new appointment! By the way Julius is looking great there ;)

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am very excited as I got a bit de-motivated at my previous work and it was time for a change!
      xx

      Delete
  11. Congratulations! That's really good news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And something positive to focus on in the middle of everything else!

      Delete