Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The first day

We are all back in Dubai after a week in Sweden. The weather was sunny but cold but the kids were quite happy to see some snow. The train ride from Copenhagen to Varberg was also exciting and I have to admit it is very convenient to just hop on a train, right at the airport that takes you all the way home (more or less). My Mum met up at the train station with winter clothes and we enjoyed a nice dinner at her place before heading to my Dad's apartment, where we stayed during the week. My task for the week was to sort out the apartment, make sure all the bills and various accounts were closed so we can do the proper hand over by the end of April. The funeral was on Wednesday, a day I had dreaded but it turned out to be a bright and memorable ceremony. A friend of mine came all the way down from the capital to be my support during that day and for that I am very grateful.
As we were travelling back on the 29th, Elias birthday, we had made sure to celebrate properly the day before with an Easter buffet and his favourite cake. And the wonderful Emirates crew made his day very special too by singing to him and presenting a nice cake surrounded by 10 small Godiva choclates! When we got home, hubby and Teresa were waiting with some presents and yet another cake!
Sunday the 31st was supposed to be my first day at the new job but since it was Easter Sunday, the office was closed and I instead enjoyed the day at the beach. I and hubby also managed to find a second car, something we have been talking about for some time. I found a small Toyota Yaris, in great condition and easy to park in small spaces and we picked it up on Sunday afternoon. The premier tour was on Monday, to the new office.
My first day was overwhelming. I met all my new colleagues (I don't remember the name of even half of them) but the majority of them are actually Swedish! I set up my desk (sharing office with another Swedish guy) and started working on some smaller tasks. Everyone is very nice and helpful and the office is wonderful, lots of windows, very bright and a gorgeous little terrace outside the lunch area where you can enjoy your lunch or some coffee. It is located in the free zone area but very easy to access so eventhough in a different part of town, it still only takes me 20 min to work, which is a relief as traffic can be horrible here in Dubai.
I also realized that I need to update my corporate wardrobe so this weekend I have to do some shopping!
 

17 comments:

  1. Det låter som det nya jobbet kan bli jättebra - härligt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det borjar onekligen bra! Jag ar full av positiv forvantan!

      Delete
  2. Vilken bra start på nya jobbet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja verkligen och valbehovligt med en dag extra ledigt!

      Delete
  3. Good luck for the new job! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! So far so good! Everyone is really sweet!!

      Delete
  4. Så skönt att få ett fint avslut och en bra början på nya jobbet :) Kram!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja det var en fin hogtid, ljus och minnesrik! Nya jobbet kanns lite som en nystart, valbehovligt! Kram!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are back. Was thinking about you and your family. That's wonderful that you had your friend there for support!!!
    Your new job sounds great. I wish you all the bestest of luck for it!
    Kramar, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Yes, her support meant so much to me! It was so sweet of her! The job is great so far and I am really enjoying myself!
      Kram!

      Delete
  6. I too was thinking about how it went with the new job, thought you'd be too busy to blog but when you left me a line on my blog, I came straight away! Yaris is a good choice for second car, easy to park! Happy shopping for new work wardrobe.. Mango is good for office wear just in case :) Have a great week and enjoy working life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Låter som en jobbig men fin vecka här hemma.
    Lycka till på nya jobbet! Kram

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Toyota Yaris! My favorite Gran Turismo PS2 car!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jag önskar dig all lycka till:)

    Om du vill ha ett grymt recept..kolla in min nya post:)

    ha en kanonhelg

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tack för fina ord på min blogg:) och om du vill ha resetips kan du kolla in min nya post.

    Ha en underbar helg med hopp om vårsol

    LOVE Maria

    ReplyDelete