Saturday, May 11, 2013

Excellent lunch at "The Noodle House", Dubai Mall

I'm not too fond of Dubai Mall, it is way too big for me and I tend to get lost there everytime, however, this morning, I and friends T and S decided to meet up there for coffee and lunch. Mornings are fine, the traffic (especially on a Friday morning) is not bad and you can easily find a parking spot. Joli had "book week" at school last week and had to bring in a book from her home country, and we opted for Pippi Longstocking! We only have Pippi Longstocking in Swedish and as strange as it may sounds, my daughter prefers it in English after a few phone calls to Borders and WH Smith, I finally  found the books at Kinokuniya, the enormous Japanese bookstore in Dubai Mall, hence I did have a good reason to go there. We started off our morning with a nice coffee at Nero's, next to the Ice rink before we strolled around for a while, Debenhams, Bloomingdale's and Mango, where we all found some really nice clothes (pants and skirt for work) and rounded off with lunch at "The Noodle House". The food was just divine! I ordered beef teriyaki, which came soaked in a rich, thick soya sauce. The meat was cooked to perfection, tender, juicy, perfect! With that, I decided for an Asian salad and it was also extremely good, fresh, a bit spicy (but still ok for a sensitive sould like myself) with lots of bean sprouts, onion, coriander, salad leaves and grated carrot. Friend T went for the sweet and sour chicken and friend S enjoyed a nice bowl of laksa. Eventhough it was a warm day, we decided to sit outside and enjoyed a great view over the fountains and Souk Al Bahar. It actually reminded me that I need to visit this place more often, it is indeed very pleasant but somehow I always find it too far away (which is not the case, I am just being lazy).
After our delicious lunch, I and Joli went to the bookstore and got some Pippi Longstocking books and then we headed home. Tomorrow Joli is invited to a pool party at Green community and I am trying to get enough energy to drag myself to the gym in the morning. Let's see how that will go...!

Passion fruit drink, very refreshing in the heat

Very yummy Asian salad

Beef teriyaki tenderloin

Sweet and sour chicken

Laksa
So for those you want to have a wonderful lunch experience at Dubai Mall, I can highly recommend The Noodle House!

6 comments:

  1. I'm extremely inspired along with your writing talents and also with the format for your blog. Is this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself? Either way stay up the excellent quality writing, it's rare to peer
    a great blog like this one nowadays..

    Also visit my weblog :: website

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in fact thankful to the holder of this site who has shared this enormous post at at this time.


    Also visit my weblog website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Låter som en mycket mysig dag, och maten ser verkligen ut att vara pricken över i-et. Själv älskar jag att spendera tid på Kinokinya, en helt fantastisk affär!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, to Noodle House, we are fans ourselves but the portions are quite small in my opinion. Have you tried Noodle Factory in Dubai Mall? Love the place especially their Singapore Seafood Laksa, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family members every time say that I am wasting my time here at net, except I know I am getting experience daily by reading
    such nice posts.

    My blog post :: home cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete