Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Personal Trainer, no more excuses!

My training periods in life tend to go up and down and the latest trend is down. Last year I was quite good and signed up for boxing classes and spinning classes a few times a week. Unfortunately, due to lack of participants, they cancelled the boxing classes in the evenings and only kept the ones in the morning (which I can't go to as I'm at work). That was a huge disappointment to me and I sort of lost a bit of interest however kept doing my spinning classes. Eventually, I got a bit bored by doing the same exercise every week so that stopped too. For the past couple of months, I have been running on the treadmill at our gym, which is fine but quite boring to be honest.
Last week however, a lady residing in our compound sent out a message on the compound FB- page saying that there will be boot camp sessions in the evening, abs blaster classes (on hold for now due to lack of participants but hopefully later on) and you could also sign up for a Personal Trainer at your compound gym. I got very excited and signed up for the PT but due to some slow security procedures, he is yet not allowed to access our gym so we decided to do the session in my garden! And you don't really need a gym to be honest, we had a fantastic boxing session, abs session and skipping rope session (where I almost fainted) and it was the best work out I've had in months! So from now on, he will come to my house/garden for PT-sessions twice a week until I work up my motivation and can start doing my own programs at the gym! For the past three days, I have not been able to walk properly, looks like I have wet myself and I have pain in muscle groups I never realized I had! So that must be a really good sign! I am very excited already about tonight's session and since it is at my own house, there is no additional time to drive or find a parking space etc. and also no excuse not to do it! My PT is a very fit guy with years of experience from another fitness chain so I have no doubts of his capability.
Update: We had an evening session yesterday, in the garden (the biggest problem was trying to keep the kids away!). We did boxing with combinations (a bit tricky for a tired mind but fun) and then legs and abs and finished off with a fantastic stretching session (one reason why I'm not so sore today). Being outside is fun but it is quite hot, even in the evening. However, I signed up for 12 sessions and number 2 is on Saturday! Already looking forward to it!
 

11 comments:

  1. Vad kul! Ja, då blir det svårt att komma undan! :) Det gäller ju att hitta en träningsform som man trivs med, och som är lättillgänglig! Vi har aldrig tränat mycket förut, men nu när vi hittat en rolig träningsform, som vi dessutom kan göra hemma, har det blivit en helt annan sak. Lycka till!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problemet med mig ar att jag trottnar fort och da ar det bra med nagon som kan ge en puff i ratt riktning! Trana hemma kanns som ett bra alternativ och sarskilt om man jobbar sa slipper man extra tid att aka ivag till ett gym!

      Delete
  2. Wow, good for you! I used to go for bootcamp (called Booty Camp for ladies only) in Safa Park a few years back until I injured my back about a year and a half ago. Now I only do Pilates at Club Stretch 2 or 3 times a week. Nice to have a PT as you can do what is catered especially for your fitness level and need. All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They started boot camp here as well but it is too later for me and clashses with homework/family time so this is a perfect option. I heard about the Safa park one, some of the Layan ladies used to go. I'm sorry to hear about your back, hope it is better now! This PT arrangement is great and hopefully I can work up enough inspiration to do my own routine in the gym later on! x

      Delete
  3. Låter supertufft! Vet inte om jag skulle klara av att ha en PT... jag fortsätter på spinning och running, vilket jag gillar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag brukade ga pa spinning flera ganger i veckan men kom liksom av mig efter forra sommaren. Jag ar sa lat av mig att en PT ar det som kravs for att jag ska komma igang hahaha! Malet ar att bli sa inspirerad att jag kan borja kora lite egna program i gymmet.

      Delete
  4. En PT som kommer hem till en det låter ju perfekt. Och det låter dessutom som du snart kommer vara i superform!

    Kram Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Pernilla! Jag hoppas det, i alla fall kanner jag mig valdigt laddad och inspirerad nu! Och som jag sa till min tranare, det kan inte bli samre :):)!
      Kram!

      Delete
  5. Excellent idea! Maybe I could hire one to come to my home and drag me all the way to one of the yoga-classes at the gym..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything to make you do exercise! I'm in such a painfully bad shape, I really need someone to kick my behind! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Då kommer man inte undan.... annars har man ju massor av undanflykter. Lycka till :) Kram

    ReplyDelete