Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Blog date in NYC and a hectic week!

I have said it before, and I will say it again! The blog world is amazing and I could never imagine that I would meet so many interesting people through my blog! I have followed Saltistjejen and her life in The Big Apple for quite some time and whilst in New York, me and friend M had the opportunity to meet up in real life! We spent the afternoon at a small café, not far away from Bloomingdales, chatting about everything and time just flew away! Thank you Saltis!!
We have entered the month of June and there are loads of activities going on for the kids. End of year parties, birthday parties (Elias has just been invited to a yacht- and limousine party), Kindergarten graduation, swimming galas and conventions. It is busy! And I have trouble to keep up with birthday cards, money for field trips and end of term gifts for teachers. Most of the summative assessments are done and I think the school reports are all completed by the end of this week. Another academic year has come to its end and I'm wondering how time can go so fast!! In September, Joli will start Grade 1 and Elias will do his final year in Primary.
The summer heat has eventually reached Dubai and it is now really hot outside. We are already looking forward to our Greece holiday and yesterday, I found a nice little hotel on the small island of Poros, just ouside of Athens. I and the kids will spend a few days there before meeting up with friend T and S and the kids at our rented house. Hubby doesn't have any summer vacation at all, it is not every year we are lucky to have the summer together.

Happy Joli with her new hair do

The roof top bar at The Pod 39 with a great view over NYC
This week is a short week as it is an Islamic holiday on Thursday (Leilat Al Miraj) and hence a Public holiday. I am looking forward to a three day weekend, much needed after last week. I think I managed to overcome the jet lag pretty fast but I was still a bit tired a couple of days after and it took the entire weekend to get back to some sort of normal routine.

5 comments:

  1. Ja tänk vad mycket spännande och kul man får vara med om genom bloggen. Så kul med din bloggdate! Ha en fin holiday over there. Här är det också holiday nu☺kramkram Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visst är bloggvärlden fantastisk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh, vad roligt!!Vad avis jag blir på att du och Saltis har fått träffas. Det måste ha varit roligt! Kram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tack själv vännen!! Det var verkligen SÅ ROLIGT att träffas! Gissar att du fått veta av M att hon visst råkade känna en tjej som numera är tillsammans med en av mina bästa vänner som jag känt sedan gymnasiet!! :-) Världen är bra liten.
    Låter härligt med långhelg. Önskar jag också hade en snart haha! Och vad fin hon blev i håret Joli!
    Kram!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I simply would like to give an enormous thumbs
    up for the nice information you could have right here on this post.
    I will likely be coming back to your blog for more soon.


    My web blog ... sempron 3400+ socket

    ReplyDelete