Wednesday, June 19, 2013

KG 2 Graduation

This is not the first graduation ceremony for Joli, she had one when she graduated from Step by Step nursery two years ago. They had made a wonderful  ceremony where the children entered  a small stage one by one in their graduation attire and the teacher read a poem, specially written for them. Needless to say, I was sobbing through the whole ceremony, even before Joli had even entered the room. Now it's time for graduation from KG and my little girl, my Jollibee is starting Grade 1 this fall. How strange is that! Not to mention, my baby boy will be a fifth grader, his final year in Primary (obviously not a baby any more....).
The ceremony was held in the school auditorium with all the children performing beautiful songs together. All parents were welcomed in Arabic, French, German and English (the languages taught at Greenfield) and Joli went up with two other children from the other classes to welcome everyone in English. She looked so proud and happy and my eyes of course filled with tears. After a short presentation by the PYP-coordinator and the school Principal, all the children went one by one to receive a little pin and a certificate that they had now completed KG2 and are ready for Grade 1. Needless to say, Joli is over excited about starting Grade 1.
Thankfully enough, the kids' school is not too far away from my office so it wasn't too much of a hassle to get there, then I escaped the after- graduation party and went back to work, only to return a few hours later to pick the kids up from their last Swedish lesson and Joli's swimming lesson.
The weather is still being quite "cool" for being Dubai in June but it was been very humid. I had my PT session last night and though I was going to faint.

Happy Joli singing with her class (second row, left)
 
Midsummer is coming up and as usual, I get a slight "perhaps I should look for a different recipe" panic and I suddenly decide (on behalf of my guests) that they may not like what I have decided to prepare. The best way is to stick with the plan, but I never seem to learn. So this evening I will be googling some more recipes and hopefully be able to make a final decision before Friday! In any event, I am very much looking forward to Midsummer,

6 comments:

  1. Kan förstå att du kände dig både rörd och stolt. Man blir sådan med sina barn hahaha!!! Fint att de har "riktiga" avslutningar. Här verkar det som om många skolor inte alls har det.
    Tänk vilka stora barn du har nu!! :-)
    Kram!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det ar roligt att de har en speciell avslutning for KG, annars ar det en ganska vanlig sista dag for ovriga klasser, inte som vi kanske ar vana vid fran var barndom!
      Ja ungarna ar verkligen stora nu, och jag forblir 25+ hahaha!
      Kram!!!

      Delete
  2. Det är alltid något visst med skolavslutningar. Ha en bra midsommar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja det ar stamningsfullt och fint, minns vara avslutningar I kyrkan som var smyckad med bjorkar!
      Ha en trevlig midsommar ni ocksa, det ser ut att bli fint vader hemma I Sverige!

      Delete
  3. Önskar dig en trevlig midsommar! Lycka till med maten;)

    Kram Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Avslutningsceremonier är alltid rörande och speciella, inte minst för att det paminner oss om att barnen växer upp alldeles för fort!
    Sa du firar midsommar i Dubai?!
    Kramar

    ReplyDelete