Sunday, August 11, 2013

Movie time with the kids

It is truly luxurious with one extra day off and we are trying to make the most of it. I was still in my pyjamas until lunch time and the kids were watching TV. Hubby had a flight to Lagos so he was running around, collecting all his stuff before the car picked him up for work.
The weather is hot and humid outside so the kids declined my invitation the community pool. Instead we were off to the movies to see "The Despicable me 2". We rarely go to the movies, I don't know why but mostly because Joli and Elias have completely different taste in movies (and the age limit makes it tricky to go all of us). However, we managed to decide on one movie and it was ok. Quite funny here and there but nothing I would see again. We had a great time though, lots of popcorn and soda (as is required when one goes to the movies) and then we managed to do all the school shoe shopping. They need black shoes and white socks to go with their uniform and white PE shoes. Elias hates the more traditional school shoes so we have compromised on black sneakers. So far nobody has mentioned anything at school.
Yesterday was the last day before the new working week begins. No Ramadan hours (not that it matters, I stayed til late all of last week anyway) but now we can eat and drink in public. I took Joli to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for some pool- and beach time. The weather was a bit cloudy but still very hot.  Luckily, the staff hand out free ice- lollies to everyone and it is perfect in this hot weather! I still feel a bit guilty if we are spending all the weekend indoors, it must be a Scandinavian thing (even if it is actually dangerous to spend too much time outside because of the heat).
We had very quiet evenings on Friday. I watched "The Intouchables" on Netflix ("En ovantad vanskap" in Swedish) and I loved it. Joli made a fruitsalad after dinner which we all enjoyed. Last night I went through some old favorites on Netflix. Netflix is a gold mine when it comes to old movies and series. There is an endless variety and you can all watch it at your own pace!


View over the Meat Co at Madinat Jumeirah

Joli made her own fruitsalad

Yesterday's pool view
 

9 comments:

  1. Det är definitivt en skandinavisk företeelse, det där att vi måste ut när solen skiner! (imorgon kan den ju vara borta...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolut! Och trots att man bott utomlands I over 8 ar sa ar det djupt rotat inom en!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I borrow your kids someday? I also want to go and watch "The despicable me"..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitzie, you can have them!!! I'll pick them up after graduation! :)

      Delete
    2. Yay, do they also do Wild Wadi?

      Delete
    3. Yep, but so do I..! :) But you are more than welcome to come along :):)

      Delete
  4. Oh I can't wait to watch Despicable Me 2! hehe
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete