Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Haven SPA

We are very fortunate to have our own SPA called "The Haven SPA" inside our compound. It is quite small but with wonderful and professional staff. I go there every second week for my pedicures and hair colouring and yesterday I decided to try something new, a full body massage and a facial. The entire treatment took 2 hours and me, being on the impatient side, was slightly worried that I'd get bored. I did not have to worry as time flew by and I found myself more relaxed than in a very long time! After the one hour massage, I finished off with the facial and was given three options; anti ageing, deep cleansing and rejuvenating. I went for the deep cleansing and today my face is as smooth as a baby's behind! This is something that I will definitely treat myself to again. Sitting in front of a computer all days make my back quite sore so a bit of massage now and then truly helps. I have never been a huge fan of massage before as I always found it too rough and more painful than relaxing. However, yesterday's session proved me wrong!
Today we are beginning a new month, September and school starts tomorrow. I am quite happy for them to get back to some form of routine as there have been many late nights and late mornings (as it should during school holidays).
The Eid Al Adha holidays have been announced as well in the newspaper and it seems like the private sector will get three days off, Monday to Wednesday. I would love to go somewhere with the kids but suspect it will be tricky as the whole country and other GCC states have the same holidays so flights will probably be full. Destinations currently on my mind are Stockholm (Emirates opening up Stockholm this week so hopefully the flights are not that full yet plus it is in October) or Seoul (hopefully off peak so less full flights). We shall see!

10 comments:

  1. Två timmars massage låter som fantastiskt väl spenderad tid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det var valdigt skont och definitvt nagot jag ska gora igen! :)

      Delete
  2. Men gud sa lyxigt med ett eget spa!!! Avundsjuk! Det är ju sa otroligt skönt med massage! Jag älskar det! Skulle gärna göra det var och varannan vecka!
    Kramar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det ar verkligen lyxigt och det kostar inte skjortan heller! Brukar avrunda helgen dar med pedikyr och det ar valdigt rogivande!
      Kram!

      Delete
  3. Påminner mig om mina söndagar i Cebu :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Åh vad härligt med massage och ansiktsbehandling, blev så sugen, fick dock hålla till godo med det egna badrummet ;-) Hoppas det blir Sweden så vi kan ses snart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag hoppas verkligen det, vore ju jatteroligt! Annars ser vi fram emot nar ni kommer hit nasta ar! Da far vi ta en dag pa SPA!
      Kram!

      Delete
  5. After a massage I feel 10 years younger and always wonder why I don't go more often. You're really lucky to have a spa so close to your home! Hope to see you soon in Dubai:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, it is awesome! Been following your trip and I am sooo jealous! Looking forward to catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete