Friday, October 4, 2013

Acer Blogger's Night @ Jumeirah Emirates Towers

Last night, I had the pleasure of attending the Acer Blogger's night at Jumeirah Emirates Towers. Again, it is thanks to Mitzie Mee and her amazing blog that I get to frequent these events and I am very grateful!
The evening started off with canapes and drinks and after an hour or so, we were all invited to a short but very informative presentation about the latest Acer products. I am far from a technical person (anyone who knows me can vouch for that) but I do appreciate practical solutions where you don't have to bring too many gadget in order to blog, keep up with work mails, edit photos etc.
There was one product in particular that I liked, just because it had all the functions that I am looking for, without being big, heavy or clumpsy. It was the Iconia W511. It is the size of a thin Macbook but you can easily detach the screen and use it separately as a tablet. This is genious! I can still use it as a tablet and carry it around in my purse for simple stuff like reading news, blogs and searching information but as soon as I re-attach the screen/tablet, it turns into a regular laptop with a usb- port, a keyboard and other clever features.
To me this is the ultimate solution as I am always carrying around my ipad and my laptop to satisfy my needs of easy access to information but also a device that can edit photos, update the blog, check workmails, work on presentations etc.
After the presentation we had the chance to walk around and check out the new products in more detail and it was all rounded off with a short 90 second presentation where each blogger had the opportunity to "sell" their product of choice. I and Mitzie Mee did our presentation together, talking about the advantages of the Iconia W5 and why it was our number one choice!
Afterwards, we were invited to stay for a lovely buffet dinner with the rest of the blogger audience.

Delicious canapes



Interesting presentation

The Iconia W511

We were all invited to a gorgeous dinner buffet

Blog mingle

No dinner buffet without dessert!



Thank you Acer for a great event and for giving us the opportunity to check out your new products! 

7 comments:

  1. Later som ett bade väldigt trevligt och intressant event!
    Kram

    ReplyDelete


  2. Acabei de conhecer o seu blog,achei maravilhoso.Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tack för senast! Hade jättekul! Hoppas att vi ses igen snart:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spännande! Hoppas få se dig snart! Kram

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved to attend this event. I have to get in the loop.

    ReplyDelete