Monday, January 20, 2014

Salmon stew with cherry tomatoes and root fruits

My cooking project I started over a year ago didnt' last very long. I think I managed to cook two new recipes (one of them was sauce, so not even a proper dish) before work and other matters took over my daily routine and another of my fabulous projects ended before it had even started.
Last Friday however, I had this craving for a nice fish dish and came across an old recipe from a food magazine. It was amazingly easy to prepare and so delicious! I think my son had four servings, which is a great compliment, even the picky Ms. Joli had two servings (mostly salmon and potatoes but still).

Salmon stew for 6 persons

4 carrots
3 parsnips
1 fennel
1 yellow onion
2 garlic cloves
butter
1 liter of water
2 fish stock cubes
fresh thyme
6 potatoes
2 dl of white of wine
3 dl of cream
800 g of salmon fillet
400 g fresh prawns
200 g cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper

Peel and dice the carrots and parsnips to small pieces. Shred the fennel, onion and chop the garlic cloves fine. Fry the vegetables in butter in a wide pan without getting burned. Add the water and crumble the fish stock cubes, add fresh thyme and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Boil the potatoes at the same time in a separate saucepan but do not let them get over boiled. Pour the wine and cream into the pan, add salt and pepper. Cut the salmon in small cubes and put them in the pan together with the fresh prawns and the tomatoes (cut in halves). Finally, add the the boiled potatoes (cut in cubes) and top with fresh thyme. Serve with bread (optional). Bon appetit!

2 comments: