Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Searching again and home work frustrations

I am on the search again, for some clues about my past. Yesterday I submitted my adoption papers to the Social Welfare Society (for the second time) and now hoping to hear from them. Don't get me wrong, the likelihood of getting any news is very slim but it is worth another try. I have also been recommended the 23andme DNA- test where you can trace your ancestors and also find out if you have any relatives. Ok, sounds a bit controversial perhaps, but I am willing to try, merely out of curiosity as I don't expect to find my family but what if? So the test will be sent to hubby's friend in Sweden and he is bringing it over next week when visiting us. I'll do the test, return it and wait! I understand that with these test you need to take it with a (large) grain of salt and I see it as an interesting "experiment".
Yesterday I decided to bake a brownie cake, which I brought into the office today. Elias had a meltdown over his homework, somewhere between the Swedish and the Arabic and the booklet he is making everything went pear shaped. He was crying, I ended up crying trying too as I was explaining to him that I support him, I'm so proud of him but he needs to make some effort too, not just mope around and complain about things and give up before he has even started. I do understand it is a lot for him, Arabic, French and extra lessons in Swedish. Yesterday he asked me how come I learned Swedish so easily and I tried to explain that it is my mother tongue. It should be easy for me but looking at it through his eyes, I can see the frustration with the extra Swedish letters, the not so logical way to pronounce and spell certain words (that I just take for granted). But he is getting there. He is reading a few pages every night in a Swedish book, just to keep it up. And we read Arabic too yesterday and I'm impressed!
Joli and I have our reading routine already established when I read to her from the "Little House on the Prairie" books. I'm not sure if she is very fond of it to be honest but it gives us some quality time in the evening and it puts her to sleep!

My sweet frustrated boy! I love you so much!!


 

6 comments:

  1. Jag förstår att det kan vara jobbigt och frustrerande med alla dessa språk - jag kan ju bara försöka sätta mig in i den situationen själv...hualigen! Spännande att se om DNA-testerna ger något resultat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jag ar mycket nyfiken pa DNA- testet, aterkommer med utvardering senare!

      Delete
  2. Jag förstår att alla dessa språk både är en tillgång men samtidigt en frustration.. Det där med DNA testet var ju intressant!! Lilla huset på prärien har jag nog inte läst, dock sett filmerna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, stackarn, det nastan rok ur oronen pa honom! DNA- test ska bli spannande, far se om det ger nagot! Jag sag ocksa filmerna, funderar pa om man kan kopa dem ocksa?

      Delete
  3. Vi hade ocksa ett smärre meltdown igar när Bianca kom hem fran skolan vid 17.30 och var sa stressad över alla läxor som skulle hinnas med under kvällen. DET är tufft i franska, och väldigt manga andra utländska skolor vad jag förstar.
    Kramar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betydligt mer laxor an vad de har I svenska skolor vad jag kan forsta och mycket sjalvstandigt arbete dar man behover discipline (vilket inte alltid ar latt for en trot tio-aring). Jag ar glad att han kan lara sig sa manga sprak men sjalvklart blir det forvirrat ocksa!
      Kram!

      Delete